Monday, March 12, 2018

Easter Basket

Hi, Lois here.  Easter is just a few weeks away, so for today's post I made an Easter card.  I had bought a pad of patterned paper a few weeks ago at Hobby Lobby that had several pieces that looked just like a woven basket, and I've been wanting to use it.  Today is the day!   My card, using one of the Spring dies (Spring Flower Eggs), is pretty simple.


To start, I cut the eggs three times -- from yellow, pale green, and purple cardstock.


Using a fine-tip glue applicator, I glued the cut-out eggs to the solid back pieces, alternating the colors.


Then I cut my cardstock:

Cream - 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"
Patterned paper - 2" x 5 1/4"

The handle was cut from tan cardstock, using the largest CottageCutz Pierced Wide Oval Frame die.


Using a wide-angle corner punch, I rounded the bottom corners of the basket-weave patterned paper.


I wrapped some purple ribbon around the oval frame/basket handle, taping it in place.


I taped the handle to the back of the basket and added the eggs.  Then I adhered some foam tape strips around the basket and the frame.


Removing the protective paper from the tape, I adhered the basket to my card base.  I added a large foam pop dot behind each egg and a strip of ribbon and bow to the basket, and my card was finished.


By the way, CottageCutz has a new release of some cute breakfast items called Rise and Shine.  They are currently on sale at 25% off.  Be sure to check them out.

CottageCutz dies used on my card are:

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringflowereggs.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzpiercedwideovalframesetbasics.aspx








6 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

What a fine looking Eastet basket. Nice work, Lois!

Pam MacKay said...

Very clever way to make the basket looks awesome!

Janja said...

That's so nice, Lois.

Mary Marsh said...

your basket looks so realistic Lois and I love the egg dies you used -a wonderful Easter card

Jeanne said...

Love the basket paper - works so perfectly with the Easter Eggs. Love it!

Sherry said...

Adorable Lois. You are a genius. Love the basket. ~ Hugs, Sherry