Saturday, February 03, 2018

Fresh Spring Floral Wreath (new die)


Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Saturday edition of the Blog. Hope you are staying warm during this cold snap that is currently with us.

Here is some good news that comes in the middle of winter! We have a new release of dies. There is a In-Stitches release with 12 new dies and a Spring release with 21 new designs. And, some other good news is that for a limited time, you can get the new dies at 25% off. Just in time to create your Easter or Springs cards.

Today, I am using the  new Fresh Spring Floral, Lil Bunny Peeps and Spring Meadow dies. So let's get started with some details on how I created my card.

Step 1: Since I was creating a spring wreath, I chose some spring like colors for the card base and the wide rectangle frame I was using.
Sweet Sugarplum Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Wide Rectangle Frame: 4 3/4" x 3 3/4"
White Rectangle Layer: 4 5/8" x 3 5/8"
Step 2: I cut the wreath, flowers and stems using garden green cardstock, sweet sugarplum and rich razzleberry cardstocks for the flowers.
Step 3: I started the frame assembly at this point because I wanted to attach the wreath directly to the white panel. Used double sided tape on the white panel to attach to the rectangle frame. I decided to stamp my sentiment before I started adhering the wreath. Just thought it would be easier that way. I used my MISTI since it's a clear stamp and sometimes you don't always get a good impression on the first try. And in this case, I did not so I stamped it twice.

Step 4: Continued the assembly by attaching the wreath, flowers, and leaf stem to the white panel. Once I started, I decided to make the leaf stems a lighter shade of green. I wanted them to stand out a bit.
Step 5: I thought the card needed something else in the way of an embellishment. So I cut a butterfly from the new Spring Meadow die for the wreath center. Then I also added a bunny for the frame corner. I cut this in the rich razzleberry cardstock using the new Lil Bunny Peeps die.
To complete my card I attached the frame to the card base. I was going for the tone-on-tone look so I used dimensional foam tape on my frame to lift it off the card base. It gives it a little more depth since the card base is also sweet sugarplum.
That's it for me for this week. I hope I have given you an idea for a card using the new Fresh Spring Floral die. And, remember these dies are currently 25% off the regular price for a limited time. The rectangle die is currently 44% off the regular price.
Have a great week and I will see you next Saturday.


Dies I used to create card:
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=fresh+spring+floral

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzspringmeadow.aspx
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=lil+bunny+peep
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/search.aspx?find=pierced+wide+rectangle
 


9 comments:

Anja Ž. said...

Mary,this is so lovely. I love this color combination.

Tam said...

lovely card!

SugarShine Designs said...

Nice framing and color selections. This is such a nice spring collection. I just love everything! - Janet

Fikreta said...

so pretty!

Lois said...

Such a pretty card, Mary! I like the purple frame against the purple background, and your wreath is just lovely.

Pam MacKay said...

Beautiful wreath love the colors!

Fikreta said...

so nice!

Janja said...

Very nice. The colors you have chosen are beautiful.

Jeanne said...

I love how you used one of the Peeps bunnies with the wreath. And the colors you used are gorgeous.