Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Champagne Glass Cheers

Hello Scrapping Cottage friends! Thanks for taking the time to stop and visit today. It's Mary Marsh here bringing you the Wednesday edition of the Blog.

Well another Christmas has come and gone and now we are looking forward to the New Year Celebration.  For my last card post of 2016, I will be sharing a celebration card.

You could use this as a New Year's card, a wedding card or a congratulations card. I am choosing a congratulations card  and sending this to my niece who just got engaged over Christmas.

So let's get started with some details on how I created this one.

Black Card Base: 3 1/2" x 5" (note card size)
Gold Foil Vellum Paper: 3 1/4" x 4 7/8"
White cardstock under layer: 3 1/4" x 4 7/8"
Pierce Wide Circle Frame: 2nd largest

I started my card by die cutting the elegant champagne glasses with bows and the stitched wide circle frame. My photo shows the bows in black but once I started the card assembly I didn't like the black. So I changed to gold bows. I thought they looked better against the black circle frame.
I started the card assembly. Since my background paper was vellum I used glue dots on the gold hearts and attached it to white cardstock. Then layered that on my black card base. I had intended to use a tag with a cheers sentiment. But I didn't like that look. So I decided to stamp directly on the vellum. I used a pigment ink and then embossed it with a black embossing powder.
 
Well, that concludes my card for this week. I would like to extend all of you a happy New Year. I will be back next week with a card using some brand new dies. Until next time........inky hugs!
 
Also there is a big sale after Christmas sale going on right now in the online store with savings up to 80%. There are over a  1,000 dies on sale. In fact, the champagne glasses I used on today's card are 50% off right now.
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/
 
 
http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzelegantchampagneglasselites.aspx

http://www.scrappingcottage.com/cottagecutzstitchedwidecircleframesetbasics.aspx

1 comment:

Janja said...

Very elegant card with the black and gold!