Friday, April 22, 2016

Let your Heart be your Compass


Hi, Vladka here!

I just can't stop to create with dies from Nautical release and so, here is one more card. But I promise I will show you the project, made with dies from new Flourishes release next time :) So let's start!


Supplies:

Cardstock: Karft Cardstock for Cardbase and die cuts
CottageCutz Dies: Listed Below
Distress Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Gathered Twigs
Embossing Powder: gold and Distress Vintage Photo
Other: Scissors, Paper trimmer, Sizzix machine, VersaMark stamp pad, Embossing Heat Tool, white watercolor paint from a tube or white acrylic paint


1. With the Compass die cut the Compass out with some kraft cardstock. 
2. Apply Versamark stamp pad on both biggest compass die cut pieces, on handhold and on compass needle and embossed all these pieces with gold embossing powder.
3. Apply Versamark again, but this time just on some spots.
4. Now embossed all pieces again with Distress Vintage Photo embossing powder.
5. You will get rusted look, because after powder will melt, it will mix up with golden powder.
The process is the same as I did it in my previous post. Please, check it here and see what I did with the Anchor and Spyglass. Glue all compass pieces together.
6. Design the quote in Word, as seen on the photo and print it on the kraft paper and trim it in size (3 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches).
7. Take the smallest heart die from Heart Set and cut the heart out beside the printed word "your". Now cut the same heart out with some red cardstock and put it on the same spot where previous one was cut out.
8. Tear up some edges of additional piece of paper and with sewing machine, sew some pattern on the edges. For the final touch, apply white watercolor on some parts of the paper. Glue it on the cardbase and then glue also Compass on it.


Card is finished. I hope this inspires you.

Have fun creating!

8 comments:

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Love, love, love this card!

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Love, love, love this card!

Janja said...

This is wonderful card!

Mary Marsh said...

so pretty Vladka-another way to get more use out of the nautical dies- I like the play on words you did as well-the sewing looks great

Tina Z. said...

absolutely lovely!

Юлия Кузнецова said...

Amazing! Love it!

oldpunca said...

Awesome card. I like your word play. :-)

Karen in PA said...

I'm so happy you used the compass in your lovely style, Vladka. I was hoping to see the die in action. It's gorgeous!!!!