Sunday, January 25, 2015

Telescope folding Valentine Card


Hello everyone, today I wanted to share a super fun card I made for Valentines day. This is a Telescope Fold Card. These are easy and fun to make.





Here is the Card Completely Closed Up!

For the Card- I just picked 3 different base sized circles. Most of them are spellbinders dies, except the top one, it is a CottageCutz "Be Mine" Die, and then I layered a pink spellbinder circle under the red layer on this one. For all the others, I layered each one how I wanted it to look before connecting them all together. The key is to decorate them before connecting them, and to make sure any of your die cut pieces are glued down good, so they don't get in the way when opening this card.

CottageCutz Dies- I just had to pull out these older Valentines CottageCutz dies, as I love making Valentines cards. So for this card I used CottageCutz "Be Mine", "Tweet Love", "Mr. Love Bug", "Sweet Flourish", "Fancy Cattails&Butterflies",Expressions "Valentines Day", all are CottageCutz Dies from The Scrapping Cottage.

Partially Opened card in the photo above

Embellishments- I kept it pretty simple for embellishing this card, as you want to have it close easy with no embellishments in the way. So I only embellished the top layer with some half backed pearls. I was sure to glue them on with glue, so they don't fall off easy. I also added some glitter to the "Mr. Love Bug" Die cut. This gives it a fun look and a little extra Bling for my card.

Supplies Used:
CottageCutz Dies
Spellbinders Dies
Half Backed Pearls
Viva Pearl Pen
American Crafts Card Stock
American Crafts True Love Paper
American Crafts Glitter
Copics for Coloring
Dusting with Distressed Inks
Brads

My card fully Open!
Thank you for looking and I always love hearing from you all! So let me know what you think of my Telescope Card!
Hugs to all,
Cheryl



3 comments:

Mojca said...

oh this is soooo sweet! <3 Hugs! Mojca

Vladuška said...

This looks amazing. What a funny card.

Carol Hurlock said...

This is super sweet and super cute Cheryl. What a fun card.
Bear Hugs,
Carol