Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Welcome Baby

Happy Tuesday!

Kathy here with you!  Today I have a “Welcome Baby” card for you using 2 new CottageCutz Dies from the Baby Release, Baby Lion and Baby Giraffe.




Aren't these little guys cute?  Here's a little close up of them.




I used various scraps of yellow, tan, gold and cream card stock to cut these and inked the edges with Creamy Cocoa Chalk Ink (PowderPuffs - Quick Quotes).  The eyes were colored with a black marker and dotted with a white gel pen.

To make my card, I started with a white card base.  I cut a yellow mat and stamped the sentiment on the bottom right corner, cut a smaller mat to fit the top using a plaid designer paper that I embossed with an embossing folder, then glued the mats together.  The baby animals were added using glue and pop dots under their heads.  I wrapped some trim across the mats and added it to the card base with pop dots.  I finished this off with adhesive pearls and a bow with a button.

These are the dies I used:







5 comments:

Vladuška said...

yeah, this is so cute. Great work, Kathy.

Carol Hurlock said...

This is positively adorable.

Jean Bullock said...

So darling! The plaid embossed panel looks like a crocheted baby blanket.

Olena said...

Adorable!!!! Love it!

Cheryl Walker said...

Kathy your baby card is absolutely adorable hun! LOVE it!!
Hugs,
Cheryl