Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Sweet Love Birdcage & Frame


Happy Wednesday everyone!



Today I have another CottageCutz project for you!  This time I have a card using 2 new dies from the Sweet Love Release, Sweet Love Birdcage and Sweet Love Frame.




Wouldn't this be perfect for a Valentine's Day Card?  I love the pink and brown color combo together with cream.

I die cut the birdcage with Natural White and Early Espresso card stock, trimmed the Natural White bird and "love" pieces from the main die cut, and inked them with Victorian Velvet Ink.  I then glued them over the Early Espresso die cut so they would stand out.




The frame was cut with Natural White and Concerto card stock.  I used the Natural White inside piece for the inside of the frame, inking it with Victorian Velvet.  I popped the birdcage on the frame and them popped the frame on a piece of Early Espresso card stock.

The card base is made with Early Espresso card stock.  The Natural White mat is stamped with a "love you" sentiment (Short & Sweet - Stampin Up) in Dark Chocolate Ink then wrapped with Ivory Pleated Satin Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon) with trim (Jo-Ann's) glued down the center of it. I popped both mats on the base with pop dots, then added a pretty bow with a pearl brad over the center to finish the card.

For my card, I used the Sweet Love Birdcage and the Sweet Love Frame CottageCutz Dies.




6 comments:

Olena said...

WOW!!!! Super!!!! Love the colors comb. Great job!

Carol Hurlock said...

How exquisite. So elegant.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

JoAnn said...

Beautiful and elegant. Love the colors and the frame is so pretty. Love how you inked the frame and the bird & love pieces.

Simko said...

Gorgeous, Kathy! Love the colors and the dies used! So elegant!
Hugs,
Simona

Vladuška said...

Wow, Kathy. This is so gentle and beautiful. I love your style and this card is really gorgeous.

Cheryl Walker said...

Absolutely Beautiful Kathy!!I love how you used the birdcage and the frame together!!! Beautiful as always!!!
Hugs,
Cheryl