Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Watch for it Wednesday #58

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

Today I wanted to show you an easy project for turning this....

into something fun and usable.

These are the CottageCutz dies I am showcasing today.


I really like using clothes pins to create simple projects. I am going to show you how to make some refrigerator magnets. The CottageCutz dies are the perfect size for attaching to the top of the clothes pins to customize the magnets. With all the choices in CottageCutz dies you could make magnets for every season and holiday. This would also be a great project to do this summer with your children or grandchildren.


The first thing I did was paint my clothes pins. While the paint was drying I picked my CottageCutz dies, cut and assembled them. I recommend cutting your dies with layers for sturdiness. I cut one layer out of chipboard and then my top layer out of colored cardstock. Once my paint was dry, I attach some magnets to the backside. I like to use magnet tape, you can cut it to size and it has one side with adhesive. I then attached my assembled die cuts to the front. My magnets are now ready for my refrigerator, to hold my son's treasured art projects or my daily lists.

I hope you get some creative time today.
Karen

6 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

What a cute project - and so easy!! Thanks for the inspiration today!!

CreatedbyKay said...

Cute idea, kids would love to make one of these to give their mom for Mother's Day. TFS!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG! These are darling! xxD

Donutfryer said...

I used to do things like that with my girls long long ago! But back then we didn't have die's to make beautiful things like we do now. Thanks for bringing beautiful idea's to this blog! Love it!

Stacie (craft-princess) said...

Now those are so CUTE!!!

MsJay said...

Cute projects.