Wednesday, March 03, 2010

WATCH FOR IT WEDNESDAY #50

Today I'm going to show you how to make a really cute, but simple treat container.
If you've ever gotten a baked potato at a restaurant you may have a gotten some sour cream in a funky little container, well that's what I'm going to show you except this one contains a treat instead of sour cream.
Start out with a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" piece of double sided patterned paper. I like to use a heavier weight paper myself.
Then apply some adhesive as shown.

Then make a cylinder using the edge with the adhesive to seal it up. Then take a corrugator and put a few crimps on the edge with the adhesive.
This leaves you with an open end to put your treats inside.

Leave some room at the top to seal the end. Then where the other strip of adhesive is seal together going the opposite way to form the sour cream container look.

Add the crimps with the corrugator again and whatever tag and ribbon you like and there you have it!

I used this adorable CottageCutz Mini Bunny for my tag. Since I have a real bunny rabbit this was a must have for me, it makes me smile when I see this cute bunny bum. Too cute!
The Scrapping Cottage is sure to have whatever Spring/Easter diecut you're looking for.


5 comments:

annb said...

Thanks for the tip. I can't wait to try to make the cute little treat bag for my little grandsons.

Ruth Ellen said...

That is so cool! And what a great use for the corragator tool! Darling project that I can see getting a lot of use out of for sure! Thanks, Kay!

Gwen's Busy Little Hands said...

That is a seriously cute idea! Wish I still had my corragator now! These would make really great treats for all kinds of parties and luncheons. Thanks for a wonderful idea and inspiration.

Smiles!
Gwen

MsJay said...

Cute "Sour Cream Container" I make these all the time.

Helmka Family said...

Adorable! Wonderful little treat bag. Thanks for the info.
Karen