Wednesday, January 06, 2010

WATCH FOR IT WEDNESDAY #42

Welcome to Watch for it Wednesday. For this technique I used two of my favorite Cottage Cutz dies along with Silver and Gold Arcylic Metallic Paint Dabbers. I cut out the die using white paper.
Next, I tapped the dabber over the die until I got the color I wanted. For the Cottage Cutz candelabra I used the gold dabber .
and for the Cottage Cutz basket of eggs, I used the silver dabber. This technique gives the dies a metallic look without having to buy the expensive speciality paper. The dabbers are easy to use with minimal to no mess and unlike a lot of paint, they dry very fast.

4 comments:

Ruth Ellen said...

Love this Ann!! Your metal objects look fabulous!! OK, paint dobbers are now on my list!!!

CreatedbyKay said...

I don't have these yet....thanks for tip Ann!

Rochelle said...

Ann, you are amazing! You always have the best ideas and the coolest tools! I can't believe you used white paper and made it look that fantastic! It is so awesome! Thanks for the great idea! I can't wait to try it!

A Rup Life said...

I guess I will have to add those to my wish list!! Awesome!