Friday, March 20, 2009

Layouts using the DAMASK border

I have been working on 2 separate 12”x12” scrapbook layouts this week and for both of them I have focused on using the Quickutz DAMASK 12” border die, Kaiser Pearls, Kaiser Rhinestones & Two sided adhesive sheets. The Scrapping Cottage will be stocking these Kaiser products soon, so there is no need for you to miss out on this fantastic range of amazing products.
For both layouts I have also used the Two-sided adhesive sheets to adhere the borders & Titles to the pages. It’s so easy to use and a lot less messy and time consuming then trying to glue all around the back of fine and fiddly die cuts. You peel off the one side of the two-sided adhesive, place your card or paper face up onto the sticky side of the adhesive, cut out your die cut and there you have it!!! It turns your die cuts into stickers. When you’re ready to use your die cut, peel the paper off the back and stick to your layout or project. These and other great adhesive backed materials are in stock at The Scrapping Cottage.
The Damask border die is one of my ‘Just have to have' dies but did not know where I would use it. I’m sure we all have some of those ‘Just have to have’ dies that we have a quick look at when we get them and have most probably never even taken them out of the packaging. Yes, I am guilty of this, but don’t tell my husband. I still need to get him to understand that buying the die is equally as exciting as using it. I get very excited when I see the postman coming as its like Chrismas for me when I get my packages from The Scrapping Cottage.

The first is a quick & easy Layout for those of us that don’t have a lot of spare time on our hands. It’s also great if you have a whole album to do and want to continue the same theme throughout and don’t want to spend years doing it.
I used the Quickutz Damask border die and then also used sections of this same border die on the right side of the page to give it a different look.
I have also used Two-sided adhesive sheets to stick the border die cuts & the ‘Blossom Grand Alphabet' Title to the page. I printed on Vellum sheets for the centre of the small frame & added Kaiser pearls for that little bit of extra detail as you can see in the close up picture.

For the 2nd layout I have used the Quickutz Damask border die, Aquarius 4x8 alphabet for the ‘Just Hatched’ Title, Rollerskate 4x8 alphabet for the date, Sizzix Bigz Decorative Accent w/flower, Quickutz Cosmopolitan alphabet for the name and the ‘J’ is from the Quickutz Monogram Set. Kaiser Pearls, buttons & press studs were used on the flowers, and Kaiser Rhinestones to decorate the initials of the name (as seen in close up photo).
Bosskut Dinosaur & Sizzix eggs were inked with Tim Holtz Distressed inks.
Don’t forget that you can click on the items in the post and a link will take you directly to that item in the The Scrapping Cottage store.

5 comments:

nbuston said...

Really nice job Natasha. I looked at these for a while and kept seeing new things. Ourstanding!

Ruth Ellen said...

Lovely layouts, Natasha!! So many wonderful little details to enjoy!!

Rochelle said...

These projects are fantastic...so many great ideas! I love how you incorporated the elegant and the "fun" with the second layout! You did an amazing job! :O)

Beverly S. said...

Beautiful layouts! I love how you
put the rhinestones on the title
letters. Can't wait for the Kaiser
Craft products to arrive. :)

annb said...

I love the way you inked the dinosaur and eggs. It adds so much life to them.